In 2013, the inaugural Workplace Choir of the Year Competition Final took place at the prestigious RDS Concert Hall in Dublin.
It was held on Sunday 30th June, 2013, at 19.00.
- ‘St Louise de Marillac Primary School’ (Ballyfermot, Dublin 10)
- ‘An Cór’ (Cork County Council)
- ‘Tallaght Hospital Choir’ (Dublin 24) WINNER
- ‘BNP Paribas Choir’ (Dublin 1)
- ‘Certus Choir’ (Dublin 2)
- ‘Umoja’ (Trócaire, Maynooth, Co. Kildare)
- ‘The Airs’ (SSE Renewables/Airtricity, Sandyford, Dublin 18)
- ‘Ultrasounds’ (Cork University Maternity Hospital) RUNNER-UP
On the night, the 8 finalists competed for the title and the audience was treated to a fantastic night featuring a wide repertoire of choral material from many genres. These magical performances from some fantastic workplace choirs were followed by some heightened tension as the results were announced at the end of the night. Emotional scenes followed, as Cork University Maternity Hospital’s ‘Ultrasounds’ were announced as ‘Runners-Up’ and the Tallaght Hospital Choir were announced as the ‘Overall Winner’ – Ireland’s first ‘Workplace Choir of the Year’.